After being sick for nearly two weeks and then getting very busy with work I have sadly been neglecting my kitchen lately. Since I don’t eat grains, you can imagine that this has led to some pretty boring ‘quick’ meals, especially at breakfast time. Once can only stomach scrambled eggs alternated with cheese omelettes for so long.
I have finally found some time this weekend to catch up on some bread baking and decided to add a little extra by making cinnamon, raisin mini loaves. These are perfect toasted with almond butter or just on their own.
I think I’ll make a double batch of these next time so that I can freeze some to have when life gets hectic again!
Cinnamon Raisin Mini-loaves
2 cups blanched almond flour
3/4 cup flax seed meal
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 tbsp cinnamon (more or less to taste)
1 tbsp agave nectar
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup raisins
1. Combine almond flour, flax meal, salt and baking soda in a medium sized bowl.
2. In a larger bowl, beat eggs until frothy, then add the agave and vinegar.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well.
4. Stir in raisins.
5. Pour the batter into 2 well greased mini loaf pans.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.
7. Let sit for 10 minutes and then continue cooling on a rack.